Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   General Resources (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dr. in Cleveland, OH (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=1074)

MARISA 11-30-2004 08:24 PM

Dr. in Cleveland, OH

I have gone for 6 tretments for my 4 year old daughter on her PWS. Little improvement, she just does not seem to respond well to it. Need input on Dr's in Cleveland, OH area. Thank you

eprmo 11-30-2004 09:11 PM

Re: Dr. in Cleveland, OH

Have you checked the physicians list ,,there are a few different doctors in Ohio..I am in St. louis,, and can refer you to some here.. There are many mothers here too, that can lead you to some...

Elissa

eprmo 11-30-2004 09:12 PM

Dr. Gregory Wiet
Children's Hospital
Chief, Dept. of Pediatric Otolaryngology
555 South 18th St Suite 6B
Columbus, Ohio 43205
(614)221-6789

Orhan Konez, MD
Director, Vascular Anomalies Program
Vascular and Interventional Radiology
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
(216) 445-0753
(216) 445-1492
konezo@ccf.org
www.birthmarks.us

DevansMommy 12-01-2004 04:12 PM

Marissa,,,can you please email me at SMcCollum@chaseprop.com. I'm in your area and have been to see MANY different doctors for my sons nasal tip hemangioma..and I've consulted with Dr. Konez - I'll tell you more in an email.

Sarah

smlesnak 12-14-2004 12:23 PM

My daughter saw Dr. Vidimis at the Cleveland Clinic for a H. we have been pleased so far esp. since she was the first person we could find that gave us some answers and does laser all the time on infants for H. I would definitely check into seeing her but she is very busy and you sometimes have to wait awhile to get in with her. If you have more questions email me and I can tell you more about our experience w/ her.

Danielle 04-23-2005 02:00 AM

My daughter has a Venous Malformation and has been seeing Dr. Gregory Wiet, my husband and I am very pleased with him so far. We were seeing Dr. Robert L. Ruberg and were very unhappy with him, we wasted 2 1/2 years of our daughters life with the wait and see approach and are very angry with ourselves for that. Dr. Wiet actually interned with the great Dr. Warner from NYC, he is consulting treatment with Dr. Warner for our daughter. I hope you find someone you feel safe with.

Danielle

Rachelle 04-29-2005 12:56 AM

I have recently been working with Dr. Frank Papay at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. He is great, very honest, great with kids and wanting what is in the patient's best interest. He is a plastic surgeon and works closely with Dr. Konez. My son is 3 and has a VM on is upper lip. We are still trying to figure out what the best form of treatment is. Good luck to you!

tncrompton 04-29-2005 02:56 PM

Hi Clevelanders! We also took our daughter to see Dr. Papay and he was great. He sent us to Dr. Vidimos who did some laser surgery for our daughter. The plan was to help the hem. involute with laser and then Papay would do surgery. Once I did an on-line with Dr. Waner, he said that laser wasn't the best for isabella's hemangioma. Also, Dr. Papay mentioned that he would do a skin graft (which would require two surgeries - one to get the skin and one to remove the hem.) Dr. Waner's technique only requires one surgery. I think the most important thing is the get the best course of treatment for your child's particular birthmark.
I'd love to chat and hear your stories - you can email me at teresacrom@parma.k12.oh.us if you want to 'talk.'
p.s. I think Konez is now at St. John Westshore in Westlake.

DevansMommy 04-29-2005 05:39 PM

I'm a Clevelander too and we've consulted with Dr. Konez - I honestly didn't like him. He told us to wait until my son is 5 or 6 which I do not agree with. His h is on his NOSE,,and waiting can cause damage to the underlying cartilage. We also saw Dr. Papay and he asked us literally 6 times during the 5 minute consult how old our son was....it was on the DAY of his first birthday. I honestly felt that he didn't want to hear what we had to say...however he did do one thing for us. He sent us to Dr. Vidimos, and I can't say enough good things about her. She's treating the laser, which Dr. Waner has agreed is good in our case. I guess every case is just different.

tncrompton 04-29-2005 05:45 PM

Sarah,
We should talk -- I've sent you an email offline. We've had some similar experiences!!