Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Youth and Teen Support (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   need help (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=1293)

vida 03-28-2005 10:33 PM

need help

Hi my name is Vida, I am nine years old.* I have a h on my forehead.* I've had it since I was four months old.* I also have a deep h on my breast.* Since I was small they, the DR, told my parents that they would go away.* They said by the time I'd be nine that they would be gone.* Well the one on my forehead has completly lost its color and it has shrunk.* The one on by breast has shrunk some as well.*
My dad is in the military so in the past years we have moved alot and that has been hard because I've been in many schools.* Although my hemangioma is getting smaller, I still deal with alot of mean kids.* I am a very outgoing happy person, so I just go about my way and ignore them, but the truth is that it still hurts!* At times I feel left out, but actually it is standout!*
My mom showed me this website.* When we first came here, to the web site, I thought I had a bad situation.* I felt I was the only one dealing with this subject.* Now I see I'm not the only one and my case isn't as bad as others posted.
I now feel better knowing I'm not the only one and if there is anyone out there that feels isolated by this and needs a friend to chat with, I am here. :D* * I also came here looking for someone to talk to about my feelings and living with a hemangioma.* :)

vida 03-28-2005 10:46 PM

Re: Im must be the only youth

Hi I am Vida. I am nine years old and have a h on my forehead. I have delt with all the questions, from adults to children, the stares you name it. I am strong child and have learned to ignore, but the truth is it does hurt.
My mom brought me to this website because I felt alone and very sad. I know now I am not the only one and my hemangioma is not as bad as some posted, but I have lived with it and if anyone feels alone, I will be here. ;)

nickbar 03-28-2005 10:52 PM

Re: Im must be the only youth

HI VIDA!

You mother is so wonderful to find this place for you...so you can find others you relate to. The support is very important. One of our members has a teen daughter who grew up with an H. on her nose. She is a very beautiful young lady that might be able to give you advice/tips for dealing with ignorance from the public. She will be back soon and I will make sure her mom reads you post. I just wanted to welcome you and give you a warm hello. You sound like a bright young lady yourself.

HUGS

Corinne
son Nicholas (almost 2 years old) with Segmental Hemangioma

hankbartenbach 03-29-2005 01:20 AM

Re: need help

Hi Vida,

My name is Hank, I am 22 years old. I have a different kind of Vascular Birthmark then you, I have a Port Wine Stain (PWS). It covers a large area of my face and head.

I know how you feel being left out and feel like you are the only one with this condition. I felt the same way until I found support groups.

I can not imagen what you go thru going to new schools so often. It is very hard to fit in being at the same school all the way thru grade school, could not imagen. But I do know how it feels to be out of place every day of my life.

If you ever want to talk personnally please email me, my email is in my profile. We are all here to help you and if you have any questions please ask.

Hank

hankbartenbach 03-29-2005 01:33 AM

I merged the posts to relate better to this topic.

This will be a good topic for younger people with VB's.

Thank you for sharing your story Vida.

Hank

vida 03-29-2005 09:08 PM

Hi Hank

Thankyou very much! Ithank you for the letter you sent. ;D It truely put a big smile in my heart! I thank you for the support! I feel much better about my self, I am glad Ihave some one to talk to,and that I can be here for others too. ;)

Thanks for the support
Vida

vida 03-29-2005 09:13 PM

Hi Corinne

Thank you for the letter you sent me it made me fell beter. I would love to meet other members that are young and live with a hemangioma. Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel like I belong here, and the wonderful support.

Vida

hankbartenbach 03-29-2005 11:47 PM

Vida,

Anytime, we are here to help and that is what we do best. If you ever want to talk just let me know.

Hank

Dyan 03-30-2005 01:42 PM

Hi Vida,

My name is Dyan and I am 29 years old. I have a PWS on my forehead and beside and under my nose.

You make me smile, because you are so much more confident and wise than I was at your age. Like you, we moved fairly often when I was a child. It was, without a doubt, the most difficult part of my childhood. Getting used to new people (and having them get used to me, without looking startled) was always a challenge and I know how difficult it can be.

It took me until I was 18 to get to where you are now. I am so proud of you!

Keep smiling . . . and let me know if you would like to talk!
Dyan

hankbartenbach 03-30-2005 05:32 PM

Dyan,

Thank you for posting that topic, it brought back allot of memories.
I think you are right Vida is ahead of the game. Where she is took me a while also.

Vida you are on the right track for a very happy future.

Hank