Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Youth and Teen Support (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   VBF Charity Ball (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=2548)

eloisa98 09-13-2007 08:54 AM

VBF Charity Ball

Hey Everyone!

I thought I should first introduce myself. My name is Eloisa Evangelista, I am 21 years old living in Melbourne, Australia. I have a Port-Wine stain that covers the left side of my face and goes right down to my toes in scattered areas. I also was born with congenital glaucoma and last year had to have it enucleated. Despite that, I haven't looked back and loving life at the moment. For 2 years, I have followed the discussion forums and all your messages have helped me to gain confidence in myself and see my "birthmark" as more as an opportunity rather than a barrier. For this reason and as an representative for the VBF Australian Chapter I have decided to organise a Charity/Fundraiser Ball for the youth in Melbourne who have a birthmark. The Ball aims to promote awareness of this common condition and raise funds for this excellent organisation that has provided both support and information to its many visitors. The details are as follows:

[center]Saturday 13th October 2007
(6:00pm - 12:00am)

Leonda by the Yarra - Hawthorn

Tickets: 85 each (includes 3 Course meal and unlimted beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks thus it is an 18 and over event)

Dress: cocktail[/
CENTER]

It would be excellent to have a whole group of us there to celebrate and experience a fantastic night together. You are more than welcome to bring friends, family, partners - however seats must be pre-registered and pre-paid prior to the event (details which would be sent after rsvp-ing). Please RSVP no later than Monday 9th October.

I hope you can all make, I would love to see all your faces there and share our common stories. Please feel free to contact me if you require more information.

Eloisa Evangelista:)
(elo_evangelista@yahoo.com.au)

hankbartenbach 09-24-2007 05:55 PM

Hi Eloisa,

Sounds like you like myself have found positive things to come out of your birthmark. It makes you feel good ah?

I wish you the best of luck on the 13th.

Hank

eloisa98 10-04-2007 12:29 PM

yeah, for sure! I admit it did take me awhile to finally accept it, but oh my how life has changed, my outlook in part has just skyrocketed! My goals and ambitions are now just bigger than ever!

I hope there are some of you in Melbourne interested in attending, it would be great to see your lovely faces!

Eloisa

rachael shields 10-14-2007 11:45 AM

Hi Eloisa,
How did the ball go? I am looking forward to hearing all about it - I am organising a get together in Sydney for people and famiies effected by vascular anomalies and would love to hear how yours went?

kind regards,

Rachael Shields

eloisa98 10-15-2007 01:18 PM

Hi Rachael,

That sounds amazing! The more awareness we can create the better, this will eventually lead to knowledge and understanding.

The ball was amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better result! People are already asking when the next big event will be. It was just incredibly overwhelming to hear so much positivity and support from everyone, it just makes all the hard work in organising so worthwhile, and that ultimately the message of VBF is spreading across. I hope to post up some pictures and more details of how the night went.

Please do not hestitate to contact me if you require any assistance, I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Regards,
Eloisa

rachael shields 10-17-2007 12:57 AM

Hi Eloisa,

So pleased to hear that the ball was a success - I think I will have to get hints from you about organising things!

I hope to have a similar thing next year - for those parents etc and young adults.

Anyhow send me an email to say G'day - minham@bigpond.com

Once again, well done!