Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Youth and Teen Support (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   frustrated... (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=2560)

sweet pea 09-21-2007 06:10 AM

frustrated...

I was sitting in class and listening to all of these people complaining about how "horrible" their lives are and i got so annoyed. they dont really have anything to complain about. they havent had to go through several surgeries and go to doctor appointments all the time. they dont have people grossed about them because of the way they look. it was so frustrating. why are they complaining? because they're having a bad hair day? or some other stupid reason. they need to get over it. life could be so much worse. I know i complain sometimes, but at least i kind of have something to complain about.

namepaul 10-28-2007 03:56 PM

i agree i really agree

muco_87 02-12-2010 02:22 PM

you are really right.

beki89 03-22-2010 10:07 PM

Be proud x

hey when i was born my birthmark was tiny it was a little red mark on my shoulder, now it its from my shoulder blade on my left side and it has grown all the way down to the middle of my arm. i was bullied at school because of it, girls said it was ugly, made me ugly and that i would never have a boyfriend or friends due to it. my mum and my sister called it my special mark and made me feel great about it.
people always react differently towards it when then see it, then assume its a burn of a disease of some sort, i love telling them and proving them wrong lol .
believe my guys im 20 now and what ever people say it makes you unique!!
i saw these girls not so long ago and believe me they had nothing to bully me about i had a boyfriend and was happy. all they had to complain about was a broken nail n when there next hair appointment was ;) lol

so be proud and be bold!! are marks are there for a reason to make us that little bit extra special xxx

sweet pea 04-19-2010 01:26 AM

beki89 ... glad to hear you are so confident about your mark. I'm 20, too. I've gotten a lot better about how I feel about my malformation since my last surgery. I know that I will never look 'normal', but I feel good about myself. My bf thinks I'm gorgeous even with all my scars. I think I'll go to the beach for some nice swim time in the ocean. :) haha.

Rachel May 01-06-2011 10:33 PM

I agree, it's very, very frustrating. But you know, everyone gets hard knocks in life. I would advise you to try and see that just because they dont have birthmarks, doesnt mean your peers dont have their own problems. I have lots of hemangiomas and therefore find it quite annoying when my sister complains about her one small mole! But I try and sympathise with her, because just coz I have hemangiomas, that doesnt make that mole any less upsetting for her.

And remember, this might be tough, but at the end of the day it'll make you a stronger person. Difference is beauty, flaws are character.

rightarmavm 04-04-2011 09:35 PM

It's very encouraging to read all of this support by fellow members. I'm new here and wish I would have had something like this when I was younger. I remember a lot of teasing and stuff in school. It was tough and my parents didn't know how to support me. As an adult, I've been able to turn the negative into a positive, well, on most days. I'm thankful for this forum.

mandysk8581 05-10-2014 11:33 AM

you absolutely right