Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Adults Living with Birthmarks (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fed up discouraged and depressed update... (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=3522)

Cuety83 09-12-2009 04:04 PM

Fed up discouraged and depressed update...

Hello to all.... I haven't been on here in a good six months...
I don't know where to start.....
First of all, I am really scared of what happens next with me.
I am out of work right now because of the pain I am having.
I have been back to the Vascular clinic where I have a doctor in RI, he is really great!!! But I just don't know where to go from here.

I have been in pain from my vein stripping procedure in Feb of 08. Since then, the pain has gotten worse and worse. My doctor told me that he will refer me back to Boston again (I live 35 min away) but that they wouldn't know as much as him, I have been to Boston before, I don't want to waste my time. I have been told twice, that if the affected veins that are causing me trouble are removed or injected, that there was a good chance that even more would develop, or my leg would just fill up with fliud. As the months go by, I am just in so much pain, I do EVERYTHING they tell me to. I wear my stocking all the time STILL HURTS, elevate my leg STILL HURTS, take the motrin for swelling the aspirin for clots.

I can't sleep anymore, the pain wakes me up. Yesterday I went to the store, and had to limp my way out of there because the pain was umbearble from just walking a couple isles. I even stared crying in the store. Now I am not a baby, I don't just wine for no reason, anyone in my family will tell you that I have always put the pain aside and still went on with my life. But now, I just can't, these past 2 months that I have been out of work have been hell. I have vericose veins covering almost my entire leg now, I mean they are the size of a round pencil. Moslty in my thigh where there is a huge ball of them hurts the most. If I am getting worse and worse as the months go by, what is going to happen to me 5 or 10 years from now? I really have trouble managing the pain, walking or standing more than a max of 5 min kills me.....

Everyone around me see's it's affecting my life....
The doctor told me to consider long term disabilty, I don't want to! IM 26!!!!
I just want the pain to go away, at least some of it!!!!
I go back to the vascular clinic next week, I think im going to tell him that I am going to go to Boston again, but I am sceptical.
Im sopposed to go back to work on the 25th, I am a CNA, who stands and walks on her feet everyday and does some heavy lifting. I don't see that happining. I was sopposed to start nursing school, I put that on hold....
I just don't know where to go from here.........

missy 09-13-2009 01:05 AM

When is your appointment next week?

I think you really need to emphasize exactly how much pain you're in and that it is not acceptable. Tell them you will not leave until you have a plan in place for being able to treat or deal with the pain.

:(

Missy

nickbar 09-15-2009 03:14 AM

Have you done any swimming in the past? IF yes, have you noticed any improvement in the pain? If no, it would be a good idea to try. I agre with Missy, the pain management end needs to be addressed.

Cuety83 09-16-2009 05:08 PM

Im going back to the doctor next week, he offered a refferal to the boston's childrens hospital even though im an adult. I have been there before, but had issues with the insurance company paying for out of state visits. Should I consider going back there? Which would have more information for me Bostons childrens or Mass general? I know I can't live like this anymore, especially with the pain getting worse every month. The veins look like a fireworks display on my leg, I notice new ones buldging out every week! Thank you all for your comments and support! I just can't take no for an answer anymore, I feel like my life is on hold......

missy 09-16-2009 10:47 PM

Could you go to both? I'd go to boston children's and then mass general for a second (OK, third or fourth) opinion.

No, you can't take no for an answer anymore. If the pain is that bad, there's just no way.

Keep us up to date!

Missy

christen 09-14-2010 07:05 PM

hey cuety83,
Has your pain got any better? I am having the same problem with pain in my arm. What did they say about disability if you don't mind me asking? I lost my job due to my vm. What a drag! Trying to keep positive!