Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Lymphatic Malformations (also known as cystic hygroma and lymphangioma) (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sclerotherapy Laymphatic Treatment done (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=4130)

hernandezrosella 10-17-2010 03:02 PM

Sclerotherapy Laymphatic Treatment done

Hi here my update. Had my first treatment done it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They did put my under and spend one night in the hospital. Was able to talk a little eating was fine just couldn't open my month wide not much pain but then again had pain pills to help with the pain. Guess I can say I was very lucky or had a really good Dr. My face was swollen didn't turn any color really cant tell they did anything to my right cheek. Go back in 3 months for a follow up and have any other MRI done to see if we need to do anymore treatment. The Dr. gave me two weeks to recovery but that only because I got medical leave and they covered the second week with pay so took advantage of that if not One week would have been good. Not sure what more to add. But thanks for your support Missy.

Aolmstead 10-17-2010 07:08 PM

may i ask how old are you? i have a 16month old baby girl with LM (macro) on left neck. however there seems to be a flair up and now it's swollen all around her neck. poor thing. bless your heart and i'm glad you feel good about the treatment. was it your first time?

missy 10-17-2010 10:47 PM

Thank you for the update!

So glad everything seems to have gone so well. Enjoy your extra week... maybe you can do something really special for yourself!

Missy

hernandezrosella 10-20-2010 10:28 PM

Yes am resting resting and enjoying may last week :) I thou have notice I can not lift my right eye brow but can do both at the same time. jaws are not opening up all the way so hard to eat an apple or hamburger opening wide is the problem put Dr. told me about nerves getting bump or something but should take a couple of months to heal.

I am 48 and this was my first treatment. Mine was only my right cheek and jaw line not the neck. But malformation can form anywhere it wants. At lest am older and could take the pain a lot better then an 18 months old it can be very painful. What are your Dr. telling you. I got scylerothrapy done. I hears the Dr say AVM they put a cather in my artery's and then the treatment. Not sure about the spelling lol...

nickbar 10-26-2010 12:43 AM

please check back in with us and let us know how you are doing

sweet pea 11-05-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hernandezrosella (Post 20916)
Yes am resting resting and enjoying may last week :) I thou have notice I can not lift my right eye brow but can do both at the same time. jaws are not opening up all the way so hard to eat an apple or hamburger opening wide is the problem put Dr. told me about nerves getting bump or something but should take a couple of months to heal.

I am 48 and this was my first treatment. Mine was only my right cheek and jaw line not the neck. But malformation can form anywhere it wants. At lest am older and could take the pain a lot better then an 18 months old it can be very painful. What are your Dr. telling you. I got scylerothrapy done. I hears the Dr say AVM they put a cather in my artery's and then the treatment. Not sure about the spelling lol...

Do you have an AVM or a LM? or both? The lymphatic system and the circulatory system are very different and react differently. I just ask because you said AVM toward the end of your post.