Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   AVM Help and Resources (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dr. Waner's message (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=469)

eprmo 01-17-2004 07:51 PM

Dr. Waner's message

don't know if it has been mentioned on this sit about Dr. Waner moving to New York, but he has asked me to let everyone know that this move will be the best thing to happen to all of us. He will be hiring more personnel to help with the telephone calls, e-mails, and general inquiries.

His "Dream Team" of physicians are all experts in their field. He is very excited about this move and he wants everyone to know, that this will be the top center for Vascular Birthmarks in the world.

The hopital is Beth Israel North in Manhattan. The move will be take place sometime in or around April.

I am very excited about this move, and my daughter is already scheduled for surgery in June.

Elissa

lbellenf 02-05-2004 03:21 AM

Re:Dr. Waner's message

Can you tell me more about Dr Waner's new clinic in Manhattan? Will they treat all types of vascular anomalies? My daughter has a mixed type vasular malformation and the clinics we have visited are stumped. We have recently visited Johns Hopkins and Children's Hospital Boston and feel like we need to keep looking for help.

eprmo 02-05-2004 02:49 PM

I went to both places,,same as you...

Dr. Waner will be going to Beth Israel North in mid-town Manhattan. It will be an international hopital, treating all vascualr birthmarks.. This is the place for you. His e-mail address is:TGMWSA@aol.com ... Write him,,,he will respond, and you'll finally feel you have found the right doctor.,

As I said earlier,,we went all over Boston, and also to John Hopkins. We saw Dr. Bernard Cohen and Dr. VanderKolk, there.

If you want to e-mail me directly, my address is"
psyelectro@aol.com

Elissa

Junebug 02-14-2004 09:17 PM

I just spoke to Dr. Waner on Thursday and he wanted me to make my May appointment for the NY office so it looks like it is really happening.

christielee21 04-05-2004 02:18 AM

i don't want to be the party pooper.. but i may be the only one who is not excited about the move! i'm in missouri, and haven't gone to see dr. waner yet (i'm a poor college student.) i'm so mad at myself that he was SOOO close this whole time, and i didn't push for it to happen.

do you know if he will ever come back to arkansas? i feel like i gave up a great opportunity, and a trip to NY is almost out of the question.

i am excited for the rest of you though, best of luck!!

nickbar 04-08-2004 04:35 PM

Hi,

Are you open to seeing Dr. Buckmiller in AR? Dr. Waner speaks very highly of her! she is well trained by THE MAN! ;) YOu might want to consider at least talking with her about your treatment needs.

Good luck.

Corinne

christielee21 04-12-2004 04:19 AM

Yes, I'd be interested. Is she in Little Rock?