Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Port Wine Stain Help and Resources (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   V2 Portwine stain-clearing rate? (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=6238)

nygirl 01-17-2013 05:42 AM

V2 Portwine stain-clearing rate?

Hello--I have a 7 month old who has a V2 distribution PWS and it is mainly under his eye extending on the side of his nose and toward the outer part of his eye. From my reading it says central and V2 PWS do not have as good outcome:(. Does anyone have a positive experience with laser and treatment of this area...I am just wondering how much clearance can be expected after a few laser treatments? I would really appreciate any help!!! I am just trying to do the right think for my baby.

nygirl 01-19-2013 01:51 AM

Hello again---i would appreciate any input and also how many treatments i should expect...i mean after the initial 6-8...do you have to keep doing 6-8 /year or less? thanks so much!

RNEUF 02-23-2013 01:15 AM

My daughter was born with a V2 facial port wine plus her left arm,chest and back-so quiet a significant birthmark. We started treatment when she was 6 wks-old. She is now 2.5 years old and perfect- no birthmark.It took 14 treatments but its gone...and she is a healthy happy child. I never blog on this site anymore b/c its such a distant memory and does not consume my life but I wanted to help other moms .We went to Dr.Robert Anolik in NYC. He gave me my life back,I was in a very dark place for awhile.

hamilton432283 03-20-2013 09:35 PM

I'm 30 years old, with a birthmark covering everything on my face and from the ages 11 to 22 I had over 30 laser surgery's. (back in the day you couldn't do it when you were a baby) But as of today I don't have any major problems with my eyes, nose, or mouth. I wear glasses or contacts. And sometimes i have random bleeding of the gums. besides that my eyes and teeth are fine. I hope this sheds a light on your situation. And the technology is WAY better now then when i was little, so it will go further. =)

iuly 04-26-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNEUF (Post 26347)
My daughter was born with a V2 facial port wine plus her left arm,chest and back-so quiet a significant birthmark. We started treatment when she was 6 wks-old. She is now 2.5 years old and perfect- no birthmark.It took 14 treatments but its gone...and she is a healthy happy child. I never blog on this site anymore b/c its such a distant memory and does not consume my life but I wanted to help other moms .We went to Dr.Robert Anolik in NYC. He gave me my life back,I was in a very dark place for awhile.

I am also making treatments every month for over a year and it improved just a bit. Can u plaese tell what kind of laser was used to have such a great result?

Parre 08-14-2013 10:51 AM

@RNEUF: YEs please tell us what laser treatment you had to get such good results
Thanks!