Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum

Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum (http://birthmark.org/board/index.php)
-   Help and Resources for Hemangiomas (http://birthmark.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   i just wanted to share this link of good news (http://birthmark.org/board/showthread.php?t=6494)

kaykay 08-27-2013 05:06 PM

i just wanted to share this link of good news

i just wanted to share this link of good news.

its really tough in Trinidad for children let alone adults to get the surgeries they need only available abroad, but it was great to read that this kid is getting help in the US

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/video...220549291.html

Also, another child i've posted about before has received two surgeries.

while its sad the government won't pay for surgeries abroad and its left to foreigners to help, the important thing is these kids are getting the help they need to improve their lives

missy 08-28-2013 02:14 AM

That's awesome. Thanks for posting it.

Missy

alice 10-31-2013 04:35 AM

My little girl has a strawberry hemangioma on the top of her, it started like a little red scratch/spot when she was about two weeks old and has grown into something the size of a pea that is starting to raise (its probably about 0.5cm at the most raised now and she is three months old). It is forming on the line of her head where the skull is not fused (the part between the interior and anterior soft spots where she has had quite a obvious gap from where the plates shifted during birth). I've taken her to health visitor who said it will get bigger and then start to shrink, there is nothing to worry about and it will go when its ready but the stuff online all seems to be really contradicting. I've waited so long for my daughter and so scared something horrible is going to happen to her and that this could be growing into her brain or cause her problems. As nice as they are the health visitor just doesn't seem to know (the only advice she has she had off line - there not medically trained like that) and my gp is useless. I could really do with any advice anyone has to offer

lf 11-01-2013 02:57 PM

Hi Alice,

My daughter had a small mark form ~3 weeks after I gave birth located a little below her hair line. It grew fast for the next 5 weeks and turned bright red. she also has a deeper one below it that had a blueish color. I took her to her dr and to a derm and they told me the same thing, it would grow and for a few months, stop growing and shrink. Well I too did not like this answer because I saw the horrible pictures on the internet. So i made an appoitment with a specilist and she also said the same thing but did give me Timilol gel to put on it. At this point she was 10 weeks old. I used this for the next three months and at times it looked less red but then it would look red again anf it grew very slightly, filled in the middle more and probably stopped changing at all around 5 months. I can say ~6-7 months old I really noticed graying in middle and the color softer pink. she just turned 1 and it is still there but the middle has really started to involute and the color is a pink. You can tell that it is fading and will be gone soon. The process of shrinking takes time, I am guessing by time she is 2. I know that once it starts to fade, it will not come grow anymore. She also had one on her torso and that is almost completely gone. I hope that help. The pics on internet are scary, they show the worst of the worst. They really need to post the others!

alice 07-18-2014 10:18 AM

I can say ~6-7 months old I really noticed graying in middle and the color softer pink. she just turned 1 and it is still there but the middle has really started to involute and the color is a pink. You can tell that it is fading and will be gone soon. The process of shrinking takes time, I am guessing by time she is 2. I know that once it starts to fade, it will not come grow anymore. She also had one on her torso and that is almost completely gone. I hope that help. The pics on internet are scary, they show the worst of the worst. They really need to post the others!