Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - First time/My story
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Miran

Hello Jennifer,
I am new to the forum and just read your story and wondering if you had your last surgery and if so, how did it go? I have a venous vascular malformation on my upper left eyelid that is also wrapped around the orbit and optic nerves in my eye. With this, the doctors I have seen doesn't want to operate to the extent of removing it they will only do laser and schelrotherapy treatments which only removes a portion and then it grows back so this leaves me pretty much back to square one. I am searching for a doctor that is willing to try and remove at least most of it but have been unsuccessful thus far. I am in SC so traveling to NY would be quite a distance but I am willing to do so if I can find someone who could really make a difference in the VM and remove most if not all of it. I get head aches, dizziness and numbness of the fingertips and toes from mine and it really bothers me and causes me to have very blurry eyesight from the left eye. So is Dr. Warner able to remove all of your hemangioma? Please let me know what's going on with you as I am in your boat as well. Wishing you the best. Miran