Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - My pretty uneventful story
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
jaja

Default My pretty uneventful story

Hi everyone,

I have a pink birthmark on my forehead, slightly off centre and in the shape of a V. It starts at my hairline and goes down to just above my eyebrows.

I don't really know how I feel about this. As a kid, I always had a fringe covering it, and i think this was my parents choice. When I was about 12, I wanted a different haircut, so I grew out my fringe. I got a bit of teasing and that hurt my feelings but it wasn't that bad.

Then I started at a girls high school and I didn't really know anyone. I made friends, but you can't help but feel judged can you?
There were still a lot of people who didn't really talk to me, and I sort of felt like a freak for having it. When I was 15 I started to wear makeup on it sometimes, mainly around boys, and by the time I was 16 I was covering it up everytime I went out. When I was 17 I got my fringe back. It was purely for the reason of covering it up, and I hoped it would suit me.

I'm 18 and at uni now, and living in a hostel, and I feel far less judged with it covered, but I'm still paranoid about it, I just don't want to be judged by it.

I know someone who had a much bigger and darker PWS than me and has had it removed, and my doctor has mentioned it to me. My parents seem to think I'm happy how I am, but I don't really know. I worry about what people think too much, and I feel happier with it covered. Gah! I don't know.
I'm just lucky its so mild.