Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - hi all
Thread: hi all
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 AM

Default hi all

hello,
I'm 21 in college and I have Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber (KTW) syndrome. They had to amputate my entire right leg at birth. throughout middle school i was plagued with constant infections and was in and out of the hospital. As of recently i've had alot of trouble keeping up with classes in college and have been seeking treatments to get the diesease under control. i'm about 3 semesters behind on where i should be and this summer semester is distroyed because i just was hospitalized for an unknown pain in my lower abdominal that the doctors believe may be diesease related. I just wanted to talk to people who may be living with simular conditions around my age and maybe i could feel better. A long term girlfriend just left me a few months ago because i couldn't handle the stress from the diesease/school and i made the mistake of allowing it to burden our relationship. i'm begining to get so depressed now about school and life that i can't sleep at night because of constant nightmares. i'm fearing that i will not beable to complete college and obtain my degree because of this. i'm sorry if i may sound whiny but i just wanted to talk to some people about things and see if anyone else has gone through simular situations. i've even begun to lose my mobility in the last 3 years. i just feel like its consuming me. i'm going to go see my doctor for a follow up to the hospitalization and i'm thinking about taking a year off of college to try to get some more intense treatments or something. some of the laser surgery was very sucessful while some areas it wasn't. we are talking about moving on to some other options such as radiation, or general surgery to help with things. hopefully we'll find something to help with things. i just really really would like to live life in a halfway normal way, get out of college, get a job and not have to worry about if i am going to beable to perform my job without being hospitalized suddenly or becoming sick with infections constantly. I'm a computer science major and i'm probably going to work as a programmer when i get into the field once i get my degree. I don't even mind having one leg in life and all its just all the stuff that comes with the diesease is so hard. i've delt with it for 21 years the best i could with out complaining and as of recently (the past 6 months) i've just been worn down physically and mentally so much that i can't stand it any more.

Last edited by SukottoKenmei : 07-23-2007 at 06:22 AM.