Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - anyone know if the 'provided housing' at 10 Amsterdam Ave in NY
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM

Hi -

We've stayed there twice in two different apartments. They are fairly decent - nothing fancy. We stayed in a one bedroom with two adults and two kids. If you have a larger family you will definitely want to request the two bedroom.

They are small (for people not used to New York living spaces) but much more spacious than an affordable hotel room. They are fairly clean (except for the exterior of the windows) and the air conditioner works some of the time. I would recommend bringing an extra set of towels unless you want to do laundry often - they only give you two. There is a laundry room in the basement that you can use after purchasing a laundry card. Make sure to bring a $10 bill in good condition, as this is all the card machine will accept, which we found odd. There is a Duane Reed Pharmacy right next door, which is convenient for supplies. Put air freshener on your list : )

The biggest plus is the affordability and the fact that they are right accross the street from Roosevelt. Feel free to email me for any details you were looking for that I left out.

Michelle