Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - eye hemangioma in Houston, need physician recommendation
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM

Default eye hemangioma in Houston, need physician recommendation

Hello,

My daughter Kate is now 10 weeks old and has been diagnosed with a hemangioma in the upper and inner eyelid. We noticed that the affected eye had a different shape around 6 wks, and she had 2 eye infections in the eye. Then we noticed that we actually felt a lump and took her to a pediatric opthamologist at Texas Children's Hospital here in Houston. She did an MRI of her head/brain last week to confirm that it is a hemangioma. From what I am reading it must be a deep hemangioma because her upper eyelid is slightly puffy but still flesh colored with a bruised look. The pedi. optho. scheduled us to see a dermatologist? who she says will start oral steroids.

Needless to say we are very scared. We have an appt. with Dr. Levy who is a dermatologist at TCH, but found out that he is leaving the area. Does anyone have a recommendation on another physician with experience? Maybe we should just travel to see Dr. Fay?

This discussion board and website has been a blessing to me. I just found it last night and read for hours and I already feel close to everyone who is posting. Thank you

Beth