Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - 7 week old Hemangioma on Forehead
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 05:04 AM

My daughter had a H on her nasal bridge which was removed in Nov last year. She was 4.5 months old. It was removed by Dr Reinisch who used to be at Childrens Hospital in LA, but now with Cedars Senai. He was fantastic. We are in Australia and we send him photo's to make sure she is on track and everything seems to be going well. Dr R told us that the red bit would eventually fade, could take 3 years or more, but it is the compound part (underneath) that will leave behind fatty tissue and would need removing either now or later. We opted for getting it over and done with now.

Alot of people may not agree with this, but I say if you trust your doctor, I would go for removal rather than steriods. Oral steriods didn't work for us. I am currently pregnant with our second child and if this one has a H I think I will be straight over to see Dr R. These things are just so unpredictable.

But you have to do what is right for you and your family. This is just my opinion. I've attached a few photo's of Ashleigh for you to have a look at.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/H%20Surgery/