If someone will do the injection, I would go for it. Here in PA (we are in Philadelphia area), doctors have little protection from malpractice suits, and so the "wait and see" is their response to almost every ailment. No one here would do the injection - said it was too close to the eye - so we had to go to CA. Also went there for the surgeries, as CHOP wanted to wait until she was four to do surgery.
I don't know too much about how the doctors in Fort Worth area will react to your child's case - our eldest was born there, but we moved when she was four months old.
Laser may help with the red portion, but not with the "bulk." I would try do to both the injection and laser, if the doctor is willing.