Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - lymphangioma circumscriptum
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM

Unhappy Lymphangioma Circumscriptum on my daughter

My daughter was just diagnosed with Lymphangioma Circumscriptum. She is 6. She has had it for as long as i can remember, but we have always just thought that it was a very small dry patch of skin that looked irritated sometimes. I guess her doctor never made a big deal out of it because she has always had very bumpy dry skin all over her back.

It has only been within the last year or so that it has started to really spread. It is on her lower back and moving around her waste fast. it cycles every week going from an eczema looking patch to clear blisters, to blood filled blisters, to black blisters. Then they dry out, peel off and then it starts all over again.

IS there anyone who also has it in this area? Will it continue to spread all over her body? And if it just grows back after surgery, should I really put my child through that or try other methods until she is old enough to decide for herself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jodi