Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - My son's first laser treatment - advice needed please?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Default After-care instructions from Dr. Nelson

I have a PWS covering the left side of my face. I have had close to 20 sessions of laser treatments with different doctors. I just started treatments with Dr. Nelson at Irvine few days ago and here is the info he gave on after-care:

"To decrease swelling, apply cold compresses and keep the treated area elevated as much as possible. For pain/discomfort, analgesics such as Tylenol may be used. No aspirin or aspirin products should be used for 7 days after treatment. Moisturize the treated areas several times a day using Aquaphor. If the treated area blisters, or the skin is broken, apply Bacitracin antibiotic ointment to these areas. Wash the area gently with your finger-tips, avoid vigorous scrubbing or abrasive cleansers that can damage the skin and increase the risk of skin injury. Cover-up makeup should be avoided for the first two days to prevent traumatizing the skin. Remember to be gentle and avoid trauma to the treated areas for at least one week. Moisturize as much and as often as you like."