Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - REALLY bad self esteem
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM

Default REALLY bad self esteem

I'm sorry, but when people say, "Love yourself. Having a birthmark only makes you more unique", that's total BS. That's coming from people who don't have a birthmark, obviously. It just makes me so mad!
I feel like I have a worse self esteem than others with a birthmark. And I mean REALLY bad. All I want to do is sleep. I don't want anybody to see me anymore. I've been on anti-depressants since I was ten (I'm now eighteen), and, although they do help a little, I still feel so depressed ALL THE TIME. I just want to cry over the dumbest things. My parents try to help, but they are getting worn out. There is only so much they can do for so long. They are finally getting tired of all this. My dad gave up on me a long time ago, and now my mom is starting to give up. Geeze, I'm TRYING to be happy.
Oh, then my sisters... man, my sisters are so beautiful and have so many friends and have boyfriends... why the heck can't I have all that? Is it selfish to want those things so badly? I mean, hardly anyone likes me. The only true friend I had was in second grade, and she had to move away. Figures. I eventually made friends in junior high, but now I feel like they are just my friends out of pity.

Ugh, I feel like: What's the point?