Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - HELP-huge ugly birthmark
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 AM

Hi Lyssa,

My name is Hank. I am a 26 year old with a facial PWS birthmark.

Consider yourself lucky you are able to cover your birthmark up with clothing. As a guy I have to say wearing make up to cover my birthmark did not work very well. I tried it a couple times when I was younger but it was not me.

You have to except that you have a birthmark wheather you choose to let people know about it is your choice. I get the pointing, stares, and comments almost every day. I am a vendor in Wal-Mart. I mostly try to turn that negativity into a positive and educate them about my birthmark.

If you have true friends they will except that you have a birthmark. If you do not want to be alone for the rest of your life you will have to tell your boyfriend the true and be honest with him that your birthmark bothers you. It will be up to him if he excepts it.

I guess something that has always helped me was that I could careless what people think of me. If they can not except me that is their problem.

Most people I talk to or my friends they do not even see my birthmark. They see me for who I am.

My fiancee tells me I would not be the person she loves with out my birthmark.

If you see your birthmark as a hugh ugly feature everybody else will see it that way. You are the one that has to change your attitude towards your birthmark. If you want to wear shorts, do it don't let anybody hold you back.

I hope this helps. If you want to talk more you can either post back here or email me directly.

Hank