Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone had this problem?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore View Post
I just wondering if anyone has had this problem with their AVM while they were pregnant? My was not really painfull until I started taking birth control and I stopped taking it as soon as I made the connection with the two. But I think it has caused permanent damage and now that I am pregnant it is getting even worse. Has anyone had a doctor tell them what they could do for this problem while being pregnant? The only thing I have been told to do so far is to take VICODON for the pain, but there has to be something else that can be done! I really dont feel safe taking pain medication through out my whole pregnancy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Vicodin did nothing for me when I was dealing with a flare up. I have yet to be pregnant so I cannot offer any advice from that point of view.

I would ask one of the experts, (Dr Rosen?) they may have some advice. I would try swimming that would probably help with other issues related to the pregnancy as well.