Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Liver hemangioma / venus malformation?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 PM

Default Feeling foolish and frustrated

Last year I began feeling pain in my liver area. I was told I have an enlarged liver and was subsequently diagnosed with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (triglycerides @1000). The pain was so uncomfortable at times I finally went to the ER. They gave me a CT and found a 4.3 cm hemangioma in the left lobe of the liver. That was a year and a half ago. No Cts or ultrasounds since. Anyway, I've been doing everything I'm supposed to do in regards to the fatty liver and my triglycerides are down to 240. However the pain has not subsided substantially by any means and I am taking 15mg MsContin to function normally. The docs kept saying the fatty liver was causing the pain, not the hemangioma. So when I got my test results for the triglycerides, I was ecstatic at first. Then I realized, hey - if the liver is shrinking, shouldn't I be feeling less pain? I am so tired of running into doctors that act like I'm unusual for feeling this pain and after reading some of your posts, I don't think I should be made to feel this way. 2 years ago I was normal and active. Now I wake up with pain and go to sleep with pain - even with the pain meds. Sometimes stabbing pain will cause me to go the ER for relief. My activity is altered because I can't put pressure on my abdomen without it hurting intensively for hours afterwards. I absoutely DREAD my Dr. visits because I know they will palpate my abdomen. But I'm no longer sure I agree with the doctors that the fatty liver is the sole cause of this. Any advice on what I should do or say to them?