Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - HELP-huge ugly birthmark
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 AM

Hi Lyssa,
Sounds like you've got quite a few people rooting for you already! I hope what they've said has helped some bit.

But you really are lucky. While i wasn't ever really teased as a kid, having a port wine stain on my forehead/eyelid has elicited quite a few stares...and if some people are to be believed, potentially cost me a job or two. You can cover yours up, tho from the sounds of that, it might not have helped you all together.

I think, for starters, I'd tell my closet friends. And let them help bolster your confidence. Like the other's have said, if they can't accept that as being part of you, well, then... It might help explain some things about you to them.

Also, gaining confidence isn't going to happen over night. It's gonna be a long struggle--perhaps a life-long one--but with the help of a few friends, maybe a doctor or two, I'm sure you'll be able to overcome some of it.

Feel free to contact me if you want/need to talk about this to anyone. Even if it's just to rant on. The Lord knows we need more people listening in this day & age.

I hope things are going well for you