This is the frustrating part, insurance co. hold us the key.... they decide after the care on what they will pay unless you are able to get a pre-approval and that depends on your policy/co. do talk with Basia our insurance expert! What you can do is appeal to the insurance co., with what is considered customary... to have them pay at a higher rate, which I mentioned would be proving this surgery could not be done by another doctor for the rate they are willing to pay out. Sonja should be able to tell you how much Dr. Waner's bill will be... your insurance co. should be able to tell Sonja what they will pay based on the billing codes that would be billed. I know this is frustrating. I would also talk directly to your insurance co. and ask what your options are on having pre-authorization, an idea of what will be covered.
VBF Director of Family Services
vbfadvocate @ live. com (no spaces)