Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - My Story
Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Yes, we live in the bristol area and the little girl with the vascular malformation, or more specifically venous malformation, on her lip who was featured in the news article is my daughter. I'm sure you will get an appointment soon as we didn't have to wait long for ours once he had the referal. Although I understand it must be really frustrating for you when it feels like you are almost close to seeing someone who can help you. I had a real battle to get my gp to refer my daughter and ending up getting the Patient Advisory Liason Service (PALS) involved. After a bit of a battle they made the referal, but I can remember how stressful it was waiting for it. You will hopefully not be disapointed when you get to see Tobian Muir as I don't think there is a more knowledgable doctor on these birthmarks in the country (he is also very nice).
My daughter had her final treatment last week and the birthmark is gone. Her lip looks absolutely perfect (no scars).

By the way I spoke to Tobian Muir last week and he said as of yet his is still the only clinic in the uk offering this treatment, although he had done training with doctors at Birmingham children's hospital so hopefully the treatment will be offered there soon.