Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - My HUGE birthmark; HELP.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 AM

I can relate to every person on here. I have KT syndrome on my entire right leg. I started to get made fun of when I was about 9 years old, but for some reason it did't bother me, I would just come back with a joke to them in school. As I became a teenager, I did cheerleading and I danced for 10years, never tried to cover it up, never felt embaressed,that was until about towards the end of 8th grade. Everyone at that point already knew that I had a "red leg" with scars, but for some reason, I wanted to hide it. I don't know why we start feeling conscious, Im 26 now and sometimes I have dreams where Im in public in a bathing suit and everyone is staring at me! I am definatly more open about it now, but it has only come during the past couple of years. This summer, I wore a bathing suit on the beach and was like, who cares?? 1. I'll never see them again anyway 2. why am I gonna worry about what other people think. This gorgeous young guy was even hitting on me!!! many years before, I would avoid going. Well I guess what I am trying to say is be yourself, enjoy life!!! I have realized that most people stare because they are curious, not to make fun. I tell people now, I even will show them, look what I have!!! Because I would rather tell them and show them then go out one day and them be in total shock that I am half "red". Life is too short for us to hide, to now enjoy what everyone else is doing. I will never deprive myself again. I have family and friends that love me and they are the only ones that I care about what they think, and believe me, I am not less of a person because of a "birthmark."
Enjoy life!!!!