Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Pizza Face
Thread: Pizza Face
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Default Pizza Face

"Pizza Face." That is one of the most vivid memories of my first day of school. When I walked into my classroom for the first time, twenty little pairs of eyes saw my birthmark. That was the first day I learned society isn't always kind if you look different. I am now 38, and still struggle with my birthmark on a daily basis. I tried makeup for awhile, but I realized it didn't really cover it..I've had very few boyfriends, and the one I did have dumped me because he didn't like the makeup I used. I feel bad sometimes, like I shouldn't let it bother me so much. I feel dumb for worrying about what others think of me. But I can't help it. Last month I finally got up the nerve to go to work without makeup..
after "Oh my god, were you hit??" about twenty times, I went to the bathroom and cried. I'm getting to the age where I'm starting to think I may never find a person to accept me. Loneliness is hard to accept. I guess that is why I'm here..just hoping to find some friendly faces that might understand.