Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - First appointment tomorrow!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Angry

Yeah, it's probably the University of Delaware's station, I'd bet. I live a stone's throw from there.

So I'm again at a point of frustration. I called Dr. Panzer's office and spoke with the receptionist to make an appointment as a new patient. She asked me why I needed to be seen, and I said that I need to have my port wine stain evaluated.

Guess what she said?

"A what???"

Are you freaking kidding me??? I had to sit there and explain to her that I have a port wine stain birthmark - which she'd never heard of (at a derm office??? really??? really??!!) - and that I'm not coming in for anything cosmetic, it's a venous malformation and it needs evaluation, blah blah blah blah...

Silence. Silence on the other end of the line.

But they scheduled the appointment with me anyway. Guess even though she doesn't know what the heck I'm talking about, she'll be happy to collect my $25 co-pay.

I have an appointment on February 9 with the guy who started the practice... and I am hoping to G_d that he knows what I'm trying to do here: get a clear picture of what exactly is going on with my PWS and what I need to do about it.

I'm seriously crying out of sheer incredulity and utter frustration. WHY does nobody - even a receptionist at a dermatologist's office - know what I am talking about???

I seriously want to punch a wall.

Come visit my blog:
http://shakingthetree.tumblr.com