Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Newborn with PWS
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29 PM

Hi Sunfresh,

First of all, congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. I know it must all seem overwhelming right now, but do try to enjoy these magical first weeks with your baby.

I live in Singapore and have a three year old daughter with a pws that covers her left cheek. She started laser treatment at 4 months of age in Hong Kong (she was born there and we moved to Singapore when she was 18 months old). She has now had 15 laser treatments with Dr Chan in Hong Kong and her birthmark is considerably lighter than it was at birth. We chose to continue treatment with Dr Chan in Hong Kong as we are very happy with the results to date and we trust Dr Chan implicitly.

There are a number of doctors in Singapore who treat port wine stains. The doctors I know of are Prof Goh at the National Skin Centre and also Dr Yuin Chew Chan at Dermatology Associates (he has offices at Paragon and Gleneagles).

If you would like to discuss anything 'off-line' and you are happy to share your email address, I will contact you directly.

Wishing you all the very best.

Charlotte's mum