Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - PWS and tattoos
Thread: PWS and tattoos
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Default PWS and tattoos

Hi,

I am new to the website and forum but I was wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with getting a tattoo over their PWS. I am 31yrs old and I have had several laser treatments on my PWS which is located on my lower right leg above the ankle. The laser treatments removed a good portion of it but I still have three small spots the size of quarters. I know I shouldn't let this bother me but years of being made fun and stared out has definitely taken a toll on my self-esteem. I hate wearing shorts or anything that reveals my mark. My husband keeps telling me that it isn't that bad but years of ridicule has given me a complex about it. The doctor I was seeing told me that my mark has pretty reached a point where the laser will have no further helpful results. I have been thinking about getting three small tattoos over the marks. They are still a faint red/purple color so I was considering maybe getting three little hearts tatoos. I was curious if anyone has had any luck with tattoos. I know there are standard precautions that come with any tattoo but are there any other dangers associated with a PWS?

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments