Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Nevus of Ota?
Thread: Nevus of Ota?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 AM

Oh wow. I didn't realize that I had gotten so many replies to this thread. My apologies for not responding sooner.

I'm glad to find others who are experiencing similar reactions as I am. Most of the time I feel so alone...like today at work when coworker quietly asked me about my eye. It's so heart breaking for me.

@areli, yes, I have had my birthmark since birth. Though I do feel that it has gotten darker. I am biracial (white mother, black father) so my skin is fairly light/tan. I think when I was younger and played outside, my skin was darker and maybe my mark wasn't as noticable. It hasn't grown or spread...it's always been around my left eye and temple area. The only thing is I think it's a bit darker.

@havisfjc, do you know the name of the medical make-up? I started wondering if I have Asian ancestery too. I did read that while it's most common in Asians (Japanese), it's also common in Africans...so maybe that's where mine comes from.

@cristledon, wow, we are the same age and have the same birthmark. We're soul sisters!! :-)

I would love to chat further with any of you. My email is luv-italy [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Angel kisses,
Denene