Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - 5 week old with forehead hemangiona-please help!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 AM

Hi Kate,
I'm not sure if you are still checking these posts, but my daughter also had a similar hemangioma right in the middle of her forehead. It grew very large and we ended up having it surgically removed by Dr. R einisch in Los Angeles at 13 months. We have absolutely no regrets about our decision.

Our daughter's hemangioma started out as a pink patch at birth and grew rapidly as well. We did the wait and see for a while and at about 9 months we started getting other opinions. I spoke and emailed with doctors all over the country--we lived in Idaho at the time--and received wonderful feedback. We ended up choosing Dr. Reinisch and have been very pleased with the results. She does have a scar but it is not very noticeable and is covered mostly by her bangs. It is rare that we even get questions ut of curiosity which is in sharp contract to the awful things people used to say when she was a baby with the hemangioma.

Anyway, if I can help in any way please let me know. Good luck with your beautiful baby
Rory