Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Thyroid testing and CMTC
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 AM

You are right Missy it is just a blood test. Our doctor doesn't want to do it again unless I can give her some information why. From what I have found some families have it done and some don't. I think that initially it was done because of the temperature issues because I think that because of the CMTC she already has problems with body temp. but I think that can also be affected if your thyroid isn't functioning. I am hoping to ask more people about this issue this summer because we are planning to go to DC for the CMTC conference with the group from the Netherlands. We are also struggling with local doctor issues because our research isn't good enough but she stopped researching because she was finding the same information that is also very limited. I have done a lot of research and I feel like I know a lot about CMTC and I have even been giving advice to some families that are just starting down this road. I don't know what to do.