Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - 10 week old with Deep Hemangioma on top of head
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 PM

Default 10 week old with Deep Hemangioma on top of head

Just found this resource today and SO glad I did! New to the world of Hemangiomas. We noticed a small soft-ish bump on the top of our daughter's head near her soft spot when she was about 6 weeks old. It was blue-ish in color and slightly raised. I thought it was part of her soft spot at first, but by her 8-week appt it had gotten a little bigger and I was concerned. Our Ped confirmed that it is a Deep Hemangioma. She said that it would get bigger before getting smaller but that it was in a good spot as it is behind her hairline and should be easliy covered by her hair. She assured us that it isn't a serious medical condition and we shouldn't be worried about it as usually when the H is going to get really big it has already grown a lot more than hers has. In the last 2 weeks, it has grown from the size of a pea to the size of a lima bean (keeping it in the bean family ). I'm a little curious/concerned about just how large we should expect this to grow. Anyone had a similar Hemangioma around 10 weeks? Trying not to stress over this...