Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Pizza Face
Thread: Pizza Face
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Hi Tigger,

I had to sign up to the site just to give you my advice!

I am a 21 year old male from Wales and I have grown up with a large PWS on the left hand side of my face! I have always found this an issue in terms of my confidence with females and despite being a naturally bubbly person I could never converse with the opposite sex. Despite having laser treatment every 2
months since I was born I still found no reason to crack down the boundaries and I accepted within myself that I would be single for the rest of my life.

When I turned 19 I still lacked experiencing a serious relationship but the realisation of more important things in life made me grateful for what I had and the opportunitys available to me! My physical health was fine, I had amazing friends and family, I had a food and clean water and most Importantley I had my freedom to go and be what I wanted!

I then decided to go back to college to sit my A Levels where I
met my girlfriend who I have been with for a year and a half! She admitted to me that my PWS was the first thing she noticed about me but she said that te thing that most attracted me to her was how confident I was!

Since lots has changed me and my girlfriend are moving in together at the end of the month and even when I try to wear my skin camo she won't let me because I am then not the boy she fell in love with!

Seriously just be confident and get out there because we only live once and there are a lot of people in the world who are in a worse position than us. I hope my advice can be of help to you, despite my young age :P!

Good luck