Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - I think my son has a VM, pics included. I don't know where to go.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Default I think my son has a VM, pics included. I don't know where to go.

I think my son has a VM in his mouth. It has been there since he was born. The nurses who attended to him had said something about some bruising from the forceps so I didn't think anything of the purple in his mouth. He also had a small dot on his cheek that was purple. Then when it hadn't gone away by two weeks I asked his doctor about it and she said she thought it was a hemangioma, but thought it was strange that it was inside of his mouth on his left cheek. I noticed it was getting a little bigger and so I started looking online about hemangiomas and found this website, http://www.baylorcme.org/hemangioma/...ation_text.cfm and noticed the slide on venous malformations and thought it looked and sounded more like what is in my sons mouth. I mentioned this to his doctor and she gave us a referral to a dermatologist. I brought this up to her and she completely blew me off. I told her, this thing in his mouth acts more like this, and she did not even respond but instead just started talking about his eczema. Then later started saying that by the time he is 9 the hemangioma should be gone. So she didn't even talk to me about it. I have written an email to the doctor in New York on Monday, so I am hoping I hear from him soon. I live in Alaska and if Gabriel needs any treatment it will have to be done in Seattle. I just want to know if I am just being a crazy mom or if I should keep pushing for someone to really look at it......
(I think I added the photos right ) Thank you for your input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0252.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0273.jpg (68.6 KB, 0 views)