Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Preparing daughter for laser treatments
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re:Preparing daughter for laser treatments

Hi my name is Hank, I started laser treatment when I was five years old and have done it for 14 years on and off. The laser is going to frighten your daughter, It did not matter what my parents told me I know it was going to hurt and be painful. Thank goodness for tecnology your daughter does not have to go thur as much pain as I did.

Some things that helped take my mind of the treatment was listing to my favorite music on headphones.
A game my grandmother and I always played was she would think of a reasonable number of zaps and keep it in her pocket. I would either try to get the exact amount or higher then the number in her pocket and if I did we got to do something fun of my choosing.

One thing I strongly recommend is do not treat your daughter like she is different because that will make her feel even more out of place and distant from anyone else. You will know what I am talking about when she starts going to school and coming home crying because the kids made fun of her. I have been there and done that.

If you have any other questions please ask every one of this web site is her to help.