Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Im so glad I found this site!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 AM

Hi, Welcome to the VBF site. I don't have the same condition as you do, so I don't have experience with laser treatments. I'm afraid I am not of much help there, but what I wanted to add in some input. Self-confidence comes with acceptance of your condition. That may take some time and everyone gets there at a different pace. I have a Lymphatic Malformation, in which I have had several surgeries for, leaving me with massive scars on my body. I have a 9 inch scar that runs down my thigh. It's not the most "pretty" thing to look at, but I honestly don't care about what others think about it. It is part of who I am and has helped mold me into the person I am today. It took my a while to get to this point(you can look at my old posts of when I struggled with it). All I can say is that we typically are our own worst critic. When you think that most will judge you for it, that is usually not the case. Keep your head up and smile.