Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - newborn with venous vm
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your son's VM. I recommend you join AVMSurvivors.org, where there are well over 500 members with non-brain AVMs. I also recommend you contact Robert Rosen, who is one of the VBF experts on this website. Or you can try to contact Patricia Burrows, who is at Milwaukee Children's Hospital. Or Waner and Berenstein in NY. Or Gresham Richter at Arkansas Children's. Or Wayne Yakes in Colorado. Your son must see an expert who has treated dozens of AVMs and VMs -- the local hospital is most often not the right place.

I am not sure that any of the doctors will recommend treating a baby so young , as the vessels will be tiny and difficult to map out with an angiogram or to embolize. A delay of a few years may in your son's favor, as treatments continue to evolve and improve. In the meantime, you can learn about VMs and their treatments and meet other parents whose children have them at AVMSurvivors.org

Best wishes to you and your son!