Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - VBF conference and post-laser blebs?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM

Default VBF conference and post-laser blebs?

I attended the conference in New York on Saturday, and I'm so glad I went! I met so many amazing people and learned a ton. I'm a little embarassed by how ignorant I was! My birthmark has just always been there and I really haven't ever thought about it much. I want to send a huge thank you to all the participants and doctors and organizers, who gave up their free time to meet us all and to make a huge difference for so many families. Your gift of time and expertise is very much appreciated.

I also had a laser treatment on Friday 11/9, my first one ever. It bruised up terribly (though apparently this is a good thing) and is a very dark black and somewhat painful. My concern is that I seem to have developed blebs, which I did not have before. They are small raised black bumps, like blisters. One has ruptured, I suspect since I'm wearing long sleeves all the time now and they rub against the mark. I haven't read of this side effect before. Is this a normal thing? Is it perhaps a result of being treated as an adult (I'm 32)? Am I just overreacting? Thanks!