Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Venous Malformation support
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM

I am 35 years old and have an avm in my neck and throat. It started as a little pea when I was born and after puberty grew to the size of a softball or bigger. I went everywhere to find out what it was. Finally saw a doctor at Boston Children's Hospital to told me what it was and the next step. After all the tests were done I was referred to Dr. Berenstein in NYC. It was there where I had direct embolization and sclorotherapy done. I had to have it again 8 (2001) years later due to it growing in size. Here we are 12 years later and I am finding myself in the situation again, only this time it is growing into my throat. I had a temporary breathing tube put in 8 years ago and fear that I will have to have it done again maybe permanently. I have had 2 beautiful children since then (considered high risk pregnancies). I don't want anymore procedures done because I feel that they are only a temporary solution to my problem. I get depressed because I cant do a lot of the things I would like to. I want to have another child because i felt better pregnant than i have ever felt not pregnant and really want another child. My OB tells me no until i see a dr. I went to see a local doctor who looked at me like i was crazy to even think of having another child.