Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Lymphangioma Circumscriptum
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 AM

I'm 26 and I have Lymphangioma Circumscriptum. I've had laser surgeries since I was young and I've found that they are the best option. I've had about 20-25 surgeries so far and I'm actually having another one tomorrow. I don't get them all the time, just when it acts up and starts to spread.

Mine are on the abdomen area, right side and have been spreading slowly out in all directions unfortunately. My area is too large for removal (cutting it out), but if your area is small enough and not in a dangerous area, it could be an option for you. I did try Sclerotherapy a couple times, but it seemed to not work and I didn't really like needles repeatedly being stuck in my stomach.

My advice is to do some research, check with the website that Missy posted, and also look into doctors that specialize in dermatology, especially in the university level. I'm not sure where you live, but I had great doctors at the University of Minnesota who helped me with both laser and Sclerotherapy surgeries.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited by leah_c : 04-11-2013 at 05:01 AM.