Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Lymphangioma Circumscriptum
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 AM

Leah, thank you for sharing your experience. I am 32 and my condition affects my abdomen as well, but on the lower left side. As I'm sure you can appreciate, this condition makes some aspects of life difficult and akward, but it takes a lot of courage to even come forward on a forum and share your story, so thank you again so much.

From the research I've done, I think that the real answer is that different treatments can have different effects for different individuals. But something has to be tried, else nothing is gained/learned.

I'm very busy with my work and personal life, but I've made it a goal of mine to make an appointment with a physician and see what the options are by the end of the year. If I do decide on a course of treatment, I will provide updates here regarding the type and success.

And I just want everyone to know that while I do have this condition, I am happily married and have an amazing life. I hope anyone who reads this and has this or a similar affliction understands that while it might seem like you are alone and/or you might feel like people would not accept you for having this condition, that this simply isn't the case. This condition is not your identity; it's just a small part of your life. You life doesn't have to be any less than that of anyone else's. Please know that... it is the truth.

Thanks again.

- Eric