Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - i just wanted to share this link of good news
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Hi Alice,

My daughter had a small mark form ~3 weeks after I gave birth located a little below her hair line. It grew fast for the next 5 weeks and turned bright red. she also has a deeper one below it that had a blueish color. I took her to her dr and to a derm and they told me the same thing, it would grow and for a few months, stop growing and shrink. Well I too did not like this answer because I saw the horrible pictures on the internet. So i made an appoitment with a specilist and she also said the same thing but did give me Timilol gel to put on it. At this point she was 10 weeks old. I used this for the next three months and at times it looked less red but then it would look red again anf it grew very slightly, filled in the middle more and probably stopped changing at all around 5 months. I can say ~6-7 months old I really noticed graying in middle and the color softer pink. she just turned 1 and it is still there but the middle has really started to involute and the color is a pink. You can tell that it is fading and will be gone soon. The process of shrinking takes time, I am guessing by time she is 2. I know that once it starts to fade, it will not come grow anymore. She also had one on her torso and that is almost completely gone. I hope that help. The pics on internet are scary, they show the worst of the worst. They really need to post the others!