Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Hiding behind makeup...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Smile sooo sick of putting on makeup too!

Hi all,

I have to agree that waking up in the mornings and knowing that I have to sit in front of a mirror for 30 minutes is so frustrating and that's why this month I have reached out to a plastic surgeon for laser therapy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I had a test spot done yesterday and my skin was peeling today, so my makeup looked like crap. Of course everyone is going to say you look beautiful, because they don't know the struggle!! On the other hand, though dating is difficult with it, I was in a couple of relationships where they loved me makeup off too. I have actually become very vocal about my "black eye" and I plan to make it more known because a girl should not have anxiety about going outside without makeup on. Also, I live in Florida, so summers are no fun for me. I really do not go to the beach with friends and I only go to the gym in the evening time when there are minimal people there. At almost 30, I probably should not feel that self conscious about it, but I often wonder if I would have had any of the waitressing jobs I got or if I would have even gotten into pharmacy school wearing no makeup. I have learned so much about this just in the past week. I never had a name for it and I was always told that I ran into a door knob as a baby lol. All I can say is, you never know what the day will have in store for you if you don't get up and layer on that makeup. Good luck ladies!! Thank you for sharing!!