Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Growing up with a PWS
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 09:25 PM
emma

Default Re:Growing up with a PWS

I really feel for you. I am 30 years old, with a port wine stain birthmark that covers almost half of my face. I have had some pulse dye treatments, from the age of 14 to 19, but none lately and there has just been some improvement, but not enough to go without makeup.
I am married to a great guy and have two children (who both have no birthmarks). You can have a great life.
It is wonderful that you have been having laser treatments at your age and I recommend that you continue them as often as you can. You are still young and have your dating life ahead of you!
What makeup do you use? I have been using Max Factor Pan Stick makeup and setting it with powder (one's that are not too absorbant - like not oil control). I like Coty, L'oreal, and more expensive, Sheseido. I don't like Covergirl powder, too absorbant and kind of makes the foundation flake off.
I think the Max Factor is the best I've used and it looks really natural, even though I need heavy coverage. I really pay attention to the neckline and hairline and blend well. When I was a teenager, I used Dermablend, but it seemed cakey and people would comment on my heavy makeup.
I hope my comment helps you. Good luck with your treatments.
Emma