Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Growing up with a PWS
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
lbro

Default Re: Growing up with a PWS

Hi, Melissa,

I am a 35-year-old woman who grew up with PWS. I have seven birthmarks on the right side of my face.

I recall feeling a lot like you do at 14. I learned to apply my makeup well, and I've always been almost cocky I'm so confident. I've also had 54 laser treatments with Dr. Luckasen in Omaha, NE over the past 14 years. But having a PWS is no easy road, especially for a young woman.

You might want to read Joie Davidow's tips on makeup at birthmarks.com. Or, if you want me to explain how I do mine, I will be happy to share. I use a combination of Max Factor Panstick with a wet sponge for foundation, Physician's Formula green cover stick to alleviate the red of the PWs, Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer, and Cover Girl Pressed Powder to cover it all up. Sounds like a lot of makeup, but it's really not too bad-- and my option is pretty cheap compared to other combos.

If you are interested, write back and I will go into some detail about the makeup. I'll be happy to attach some photos, too. And you are more than welcome to ask me any questions you'd like about my own experiences with PWS or laser treatments.

Lyn