Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Need info on Dr. Yakes
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 05:07 PM
safeaster

Default Re: Need info on Dr. Yakes

He is a GODSEND!!! I have VM in my chest wall which started on the right and decideed it would make a run for the left side so now I have it on both sides.

I was recommended to Dr. Yakes from the Mayo Clinic. They said they are the best in certain areas but Dr. Yakes is the top dog!! I just returned from there 3 weeks ago and have some pretty intense bruising but the pain in my side is gone! I have been going to see him for 6 years. I am 40 years old and have had 5 surgeries, 3 months of radiation, and countless doctors tell me the pain was in my head. Go see him and you not go wrong.

We stay in Lakewood which is West of the hospital because the traffic to get back to the Marriott at the freeway is a killer. It is easier the other way. We stay at the La Quinta Inn on Hampden in Lakewood. There is also a Holiday Inn (have not stayed there), a Comfort Suites (DO NOT STAY THERE -- BUGS IN ROOMS), Residence Inn.

If you need further assistance, shoot me a message. I would be happy to help you out!