Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - Do insurance companies pay for laser treatments?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Do insurance companies pay for laser treatments?

Hi I am 23 with facial PWS.

I have had Blue Cross Blue Shields my who life. They have so far covered the past 18 years of laser treatment.

The doctor was probably correct at the time but is not true now because of the number of people that are adults with PWS.

I totally agree with the last post. It really depends on your State, your insurance company, and the Doctor. The best way to make sure that your insurance company will cover your laser treatment is to have the doctor performing the treatment write a letter to the insurance company telling them that this is not cosmetic surgery, but nessesity.
Have it say that PWS can grow (which it can in some cases) and cause major health problems in the future.

If you have any more questions let me know. Also if you would like to send the insurance company a picture of me before plastic surgery and say this enlarging of the PWS could happen to you if not treated you can. You can get it off my website www.hankspws.com

Talk to you soon.

Hank