Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum - View Single Post - AVM treatment in Canada.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: AVM treatment in Canada.

Hi Zim,

I know that Toronto has an AVM clinic..but I believe they specialize in brain AVM's.* Though they might have a name for you, or perhaps do treat limb AVM's also.* I agree that Lise will be a good contact for resources.

http://www.uhn.ca/programs/clinics/v...lformation.asp

I also know that several people from Canada have traveled to the states to see the doctors here.* Though I'm sure it's tough with the public insurance.

I, myself have just found out the hard way that I should have traveled for Ben's AVM treatment.* We are just starting the process of a second embolization because the first one failed.* The doctor was excellent, but not an AVM/AVF expert.* Hindsight...*sigh*.

If you end up deciding to seek help in the states, both Boston Children's Vascular Anomalies Clinic and New York's Center for Endovascular Surgery (Dr. Berenstein) are excellent choices for pediatric AVM care.

Feel free to email me with any questions.* My son Ben has multiple AVM's.* We are addressing the one's in his brain right now, but will be seeking treatment for the smaller one's on his limbs in the future.

Julie H
(mom to Ben)
jshiggins@earthlink.net
jshiggie@gmail.com